Do You Have Sleep Apnea?
Sleep Apnea Dentist Glen Burnie, MD
Certain physical features or body types can make a person more likely to have sleep apnea, including:
- Prominent overbite
- Significant weight gain in recent years
- A short, large neck
- Nasal breathing obstruction
- Very crowded teeth
If you suspect you may have sleep apnea, answer the following questions. Based on your results, you might have sleep apnea. If you answer yes to more than 5 questions, you may be at high risk of sleep apnea. If so, please contact our office to schedule a sleep apnea consultation with Dr. Miller.
- Do you snore loudly (loud enough to be heard through closed doors)?
- Do you often feel tired, fatigued or sleepy during daytime?
- Has anyone observed you stop breathing during your sleep?
- Do you have or are you being treated for high blood pressure?
- Is your Body Mass Index greater than 28 (Calculate BMI Here)?
- Are you over 50 years old?
- Are you a man with a neck circumference greater than 17 inches? Or a woman with a neck circumference greater than 16 inches?
- Are you male?
Contact our office for more information.