Healthy Sleep Habits
Glen Burnie Sleep Apnea and Snoring Dentist
Getting enough sleep is essential to good health, and your behaviors can have a major impact on your sleep. Your actions during the day can contribute to your sleep habits, whether you have difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep and getting restful sleep.
Your daily routines can significantly impact your quality of sleep, including what you eat and drink, the medications you take and how you schedule your days. Even a few small adjustments can drastically improve a good night’s sleep.
If you have difficulty sleeping or want to improve your sleep, try following these sleep tips.
- Try to maintain a consistent routine, going to bed and waking up at the same time each day.
- Sleep in a dark room.
- Don’t eat a large meal before bedtime. If you are hungry at night, eat a light and healthy snack.
- Set a bedtime that is early enough for you to get at least 7 hours of sleep.
- Don’t watch television in bed.
- Make your bedroom quiet and relaxing. Keep the room at a comfortable, cool temperature.
- Eliminate caffeine after noon.
- Don’t go to bed unless you are sleepy.
- Exercise regularly, but avoid vigorous exercise before bedtime.
If you continue to have restless nights, contact our dentist to schedule a sleep apnea consultation.